What is the Outlook?
- The largest distribution of workers with a high school diploma work in Business, Finance & Administration.
- Types of jobs include: Court Clerks, Receptionist, and Telephone Operators. Other sectors include: Sales & Service and Trades, Transport & Equipment Operation.
- Job Connect, which is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities, provides young people, who are out of work, with the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge needed to find and keep a job. To find out more about Job Connect contact your local Career Resource Centre.
What is required of me?
- Students must attain 30 Secondary School Credits ( 18 compulsory and 12 electives ) in addition to successfully completing the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT) and volunteering for a minimum of 40 community service hours.
- When determining what to do, consider your goals, your skills and interests, your education and when you are available to work. Make sure you get information on the labour market and future opportunities for growth.
How can I get more information?
Talk to your guidance counsellor and meet with co-operative education teachers.
Visit these important sites: