The Community Build Program is a partnership between a predominant community builder in the Waterloo Region and the Waterloo Catholic District School Board. This program presents a very unique learning opportunity that allows students to participate with a construction crew at a building site for an entire semester.
The Community Build Program allows students to obtain Construction/Carpentry credits as well as Cooperative Education credits. The program provides students an opportunity to experience many aspects of construction, giving them the knowledge to choose a viable career in the construction sector.
This program is:
- Currently based at Monsignor Doyle C.S.S. & St. Benedict C.S.S. (looking to expand program to K-W)
- OPEN to all schools.
- Students from St. David C.S.S., St. Mary’s or Resurrection C.S.S. must transfer for one semester to access the program.
Students have the opportunity to explore the following trades:
- Brick and Stone Mason
- Drywall Finisher and Plasterer
- Carpentry: Framing and Trimming
- Sheet Metal Worker
- Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
Who should apply?
Grade 10 or Grade 11 students who have completed a construction technology course and who would like an opportunity to build a structure from foundation to completion.
• Students apply through the Co-op application process.
• First time students in this program will be involved in many aspects of constructing a building.
• Second time students may specialize in a specific trade area they wish to pursue.
(Based on availability)